5 Interior Design Gifts Suited for All
I love the holiday season! It’s a time when we decorate our homes with the glow of festive lighting and accents of warmth. A little sparkle here, the aroma of rich spices on the air… It’s also a time when we can think of our friends and family, offer glad tiding and gifts. This holiday, why not buy them something that will make their home more beautiful, well organized or functional? Below I’ve put together a list of my top 5 interior design gifts–sure to please!
1. For any room–A Bamboo Charging Station:
This charging station will help create a “go-to” area in a home where the family can plug in multiple devises such as laptops, tablets, and cell phones. Eliminate the appearance of wires by tucking them neatly away, plus create more space on the desktop. Also comes in white and black.
2. For the Kitchen–A Nutri-Bullet
For those who have not heard of the Nutri-bullet, it is an essential gadget for the kitchen. It’s a larger and more powerful version of the Magic Bullet and can quickly blend up healthy and yummy concoctions but that is not all. I literally use this everyday and since I’ve learned to use it, I have seriously increased the amount of raw healthy food creations I can make quickly and easily and I no longer buy bottled dressings of any kind. You can make them from scratch with just a few ingredients and store them for about a week in the fridge. Fresh ingredients taste so much better! To create my favorite salad dressing, which I found when reading The Raw Food Detox Diet, by Natalie Rose, throw all these ingredients in the bullet and blend, then enjoy on salads, fish, chicken and more.
Liquid Gold Elixir Recipe:
1. Cut the peel away from one lemon and toss the peeled lemon in bullet
2. Peel a clove of garlic and toss garlic in bullet
3. Add a heaping tablespoon of raw honey
4. Add three good shakes of organic raw soy sauce
5. Cover ingredients with a quality cold pressed olive oil
6. Blend until liquefied.
3. For creating a room to live in–A Fur Throw
What a great way to add warmth and beauty to a home. A luxurious fur throw can be used in so many ways: Folded on a chair, thrown artfully on a sofa or sectional, as a coverlet at the end of a bed, and of course to cuddle up and enjoy while you sip a hot beverage.
4. For the bathroom–Healthy Bath Essentials for Stress Relief and Detoxing (Bath in a box)
Okay, I know that not everyone takes baths all the time–many prefer a shower. However, a bath is a relaxing treat to enjoy and offers a healthy way to unwind. For about $30.00 you can gift these wonderful bathing essentials that I live by, from Wholefoods Markets. Artfully place the below items in a box with tissue and you may even want to provide your own custom instructions for enjoyment.
1. Good old fashion Epsom Salts –Soak in 2-4 per bath. The salt minerals help to pull toxins from the body, sooth sore muscles, and elevate the mood in the winter months. .
2. A dual sided bath brush–A dry brush on one side and massage nubs on the other. Brush dry skin, from toes to neck, before bath time to help stimulate circulation and detoxification.
3. A loofah of choice
4. Pure organic soap. I love many of the brands sold at Wholefoods.
5. Aromatherapy bath packets or an awesome essential oil with lavender or chamomile for added relaxing effects.
For help creating your bathing instructions you may find this article at MindBodyGreen helpful http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-7131/10-ways-to-detox-on-a-daily-basis.html.
5. For any room and especially for homes with pets– The I Robot Roomba Pet Series
This robot vacuum has changed our life. We are a family with dogs and kitties and we love a tidy home. This little robot is fantastic and has reduced our workload significantly! We use it daily and it goes to work on hardwood, tile even carpet and picks up hair and debris all over the house–then it docks itself at its charging station. You can buy them online from Ebay, Amazon, and I’ve heard they are at Costco periodically.