My Best Butternut Squash Soup Recipe for Fall in 5 Easy Steps
I entertain a lot! Over and over, I get more requests for this soup each Fall because it’s warming, rich and delicious–and it’s healthy too! So here is My Best Butternut Squash Soup Recipe for Fall in 5 Easy Steps.
1. Gather Ingredients, Peel and Chop–
There are only 5 main ingredients to this soup!
Chop and peel the produce into 1 inch chunks and add them to a large sauce or soup pan.
2. Butter AND/OR Oil The Veggies up in a pan conducive for making soup and season.
To the pan, I add about 2 inches of quality butter and them douse it with a little olive oil or coconut oil so that the butter doesn’t burn.
Get the butter and oil hot and then add the squash and veggie, cook until it’s caramelized slightly. Season with pink salt, white pepper, a little tumeric. Cook on Medium until slightly softened and caramelized.
3. Add Chicken Stock–If I have not already made my own fresh stock, I choose an organic, low sodium version. Add enough stock to just cover the veggies. Re-season to taste. Cook on medium until veggies are all soft.
4. Blend with a hand held blending wand until mostly smooth.
5. Plate, Garnish and Serve!